1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
11,083 Posts
I searched "ethanol free gas stations in Denver" and got plenty of hits.
A couple of the hits had statements like 10% ethanol was a federal requirement and that there was no such thing as "totally ethanol free gas".
Other hits stated that it is available but the stations would only sell to motorcycles, cars that didn't require emission testing and customers that brought gas cans.
If it's on the internet, it must be true.

I found a station close to me that one website claimed sold ethanol free gas. I'm ready to fill the gas cans that I use for my lawn mowers, tractors and generator. I'll report back with what I find.
I've been using Stabil in the gas that I keep for yard work, but I'd rather use "real" gasoline.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guy that sent me the link delivers fuel via 18-wheeler. Of course one can burn some ethanol in a typical vehicle - everybody does. Ethanol is a giant scam but thats another subject entirely.

Ethanol is heavier than gas. It separates, sinks to the bottom and clogs up carburetor jets. Nothing short of carb overhaul will salvage it. One can get tons of almost free generators, chainsaws, lawnmowers, motorcycles, mopeds, trimmers and other such victims of yet another "great idea" foisted/forced on us by the government.

·
Super Moderator
11,083 Posts
The station that sells ethanol free gas in Elizabeth is right by Walmart.
They have a separate nozzle at the pump (that was open when I got there) marked with a blue label stating Lead Free-Ethanol Free.
$2.70.9 per gallon.

Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts