Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a rear red fog light that fits into the hole on the rear of the 75th anniversary bumper/rubicon x/10a. I'm moving to europe soon and bringing it along, unfortunately I have to have a rear facing red fog light, wiring it up should be no biggie, just connect to the front fog lights. I could even wire up a rear facing back up light on the right hand side i could connect to the factory backup light.

I've contacted my local parts guy and he's given me some help on part numbers on the rest of the parts, so far I have:

Right Tail Lamp - 55078146AG
Left Tail Lamp - 55078147AG
Left & Right Tail Lamp Wiring - 68004167AB x2
Rear Bumper Wiring - 68059350AA

I still need to locate the part number for the euro style fender markers and that should be all. Relocating the license plate should be easy. any help would be much appreciated. cheers:worthy:

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Um where in Euroville are you going? We lived there for a few years and it was far from a requirement- even for the TUV.
Moving to Sweden. I was looking around and it seems all the European vehicles have the same req's. Daytime running lights, the yellow turn signals, single rear facing red fog light on the drivers side, and the blinking side markers.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Moving to Sweden. I was looking around and it seems all the European vehicles have the same req's. Daytime running lights, the yellow turn signals, single rear facing red fog light on the drivers side, and the blinking side markers.
And the Frogs allow yellow headlights. Point being, just because a lot have it, doesn't make it necessary or required.

Short story: I took one of my old E30s over there when we lived in Stuttgart. I got a set of "euro" tail light assemblies and did exactly what you are looking to do. (The car had already passed TUV inspection, btw) On a number of occasions, it was pretty darn foggy so I thought it safer to turn it on. I got flashed a bunch telling me to turn it off. This happened more than once.

Don't get me wrong, it's cool and fun to do, but don't be under the impression that it is a requirement. Again, my E30 didn't, my wife's E46 didn't, and even the German spec 1985 G Wagen we brought back didn't have it.

Safe travels and enjoy.

·
Registered
663 Posts
@infantryvet there are a hundred bolt-on options available for rear fog lights available over here. I had to find some to fit a bumper I imported from the US.
Ebay is an easy source, and I found some from Hella in the end, but you can get some pretty low profile LED versions.
You could pick up a whole rear bumper with the fog lights, etc for about $100 but its butt ugly compared to the 10A rear bumper!

These people might be able to help?
www.jeepey.com
https://www.facebook.com/FTE4x4/

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I'm trying to find a rear red fog light that fits into the hole on the rear of the 75th anniversary bumper/rubicon x/10a.
I think you stumbled upon the reason why the 10A/X/HR/75A models are shipped with the basic stock EU bumpers when exported to Europe. As far as I know, the only time I have ever seen red fog lights on a 10A/X/HR/75A rear bumper, was the one-off show vehicle called the Sundancer. They weren't ever offered for sale to the general public, at least by Mopar.

Here is a pic of the Sundancer, and its one-off rear bumper:

Reactions: DavidW954
1 - 10 of 10 Posts