Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting the codes 442 and 455, i've read all the threads pertaining to this already. In my case I am leaking lots of fumes causing me to get bad mileage. At first i noticed no mpg loss then 2 weeks later i went from 20mpg to 17mpg, now im at 14mpg. i inspected all the lines to my ability, any help? Thank you for any insight.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i could not find any sizeable cracks in the evap lines, also i tested the purge solenoid, leak detection canister and the charcoal filter seems fine. Is it possible i have a leak in the fuel line? or evap line attached to the gas tank?

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Anything is possible. I'm kinda at a loss for advice, I've never had to deal with anything like you are describing. Are you sure your fuel injectors aren't leaking? They have a rubber O-ring that seals them at the manifold and they can sometimes leak or some injectors are a 3 piece design and are known for not only leaking but causing fires as well. Do you smell fumes when driving?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts