Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally found the problem with the check engine light and stored evap leak codes. I just happened to replace a rusted gas tank skid plate on my TJ. While I had it off I decided to clean and check everything on the tank including tubing, and I also remove the fuel pump so I could siphon most of the gas out. That's when I noticed the locking ring for the fuel pump was loose and I was able to remove it just by hand. I checked all the tubing I checked the rollover vent connections and I also pulled a vacuum on the tank with a pump that I have. It held the vacuum after I securely tightened the nut and put it all back together. I filled the tank up to halfway and I've put 60 miles on it so far and no check engine light. I'm thinking it was the nut that was loose on the fuel pump. Also I don't notice that gas smell that I was getting before and there was evidence of spillage around where the pump goes into the tank. I think it was splashing around and coming out from the loose nut also.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts