Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously, you gotta be freaking kidding me. Especially the little Honda guys.

.:facepalm:.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I always thought it was just me. I usually wind up passing them eventually but I want to yell at them to come race on my turf.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Flat out race? No....
Try to beat me to merge or something....yeah...it does happen from time to time. Most of the time I don't care. But once in a blue moon, I do allow the 3.6/WA580/3.73 say "not so fast my friend....I got this spot..."

·
Registered
75 Posts
On my rear bumper in green mettalic sharpie I've written for those drivers behind me in the neverending red light race

It's a Jeep
Not a Nascar
React accordingly

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Flat out race? No....
Try to beat me to merge or something....yeah...it does happen from time to time. Most of the time I don't care. But once in a blue moon, I do allow the 3.6/WA580/3.73 say "not so fast my friend....I got this spot..."
Friend of mine kept bragging about his 505 horsepower integra. Revved it out next to me the other day down a long stretch and his tranny took a crap on him. Sorry for his loss but glad it happened.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had a vw bug pull up next to me while driving my old Willys wagon and revved his engine like he wanted to race . It was lowered and the rear hood was lifted like maybe he had some great engine.He had no idea that my wagon has a 383 stroker rated @ 550 h/p . It also has cherry bombs dumping right below the doors , also has cut outs . I pushed in the clutch and romped on the gas and I think he thought his car blew up or something . He slammed on his brakes and disappeared behind me, never to be seen again ! It was great , I didn't even have to race him !

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Never paid attention to people like that. But every time there's a little 4 banger flying next to me, revving their engine, I let my Pentastar with the Dynomax Off road exhaust shut them up. Damn thing sounds like a Hemi!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I got some kid that wanted to race at the stop light I guess. He keep revved his engine like he wanted to race and I also did it a couple of times but he didnt notice that a cop was right across the street, ones that light turn green!! LOL he spin his tires and took off and got pull over. Sorry for him but mannn I was laughing all the way home LOLL

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I've had a few try to race me. They lost. :angel:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hahahaha! I had a late 90's Yukon GT pull beside me tonight. It had been raining...so the roads were wet and he had the baldest tires I had ever seen. Red light turns green...I pull away from him and he just spun his tires and swerved to the left. My husband and I laughed!!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Friend of mine kept bragging about his 505 horsepower integra. Revved it out next to me the other day down a long stretch and his tranny took a crap on him. Sorry for his loss but glad it happened.
How'd he come to that number, adding up all the HP claims of bolt-on Pep Boys crap then multiplying it by 2? :rofl:

I never raced anything in my Jeep, but I humiliated some kid in a Civic and his girlfriend with my 3/4 ton work van with ladders on it. I just don't get the appeal of taking a 100 horsepower car and adding 400 pounds of crap to it, thinking its going to go faster.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I see that it's mostly little hondas or cars like that. I always win in first gear lol. They try to race us because we are all they can beat (barely).

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I have a heavy greenlight foot and I am impressed with the acceleration of my mostly stock 2013 JK Sport 2DR. :punk:
I also have a VERY heavy green light foot. You should see me in my moms Tahoe with the 5.3l v8, then i like to race people :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
How'd he come to that number, adding up all the HP claims of bolt-on Pep Boys crap then multiplying it by 2? :rofl:

I never raced anything in my Jeep, but I humiliated some kid in a Civic and his girlfriend with my 3/4 ton work van with ladders on it. I just don't get the appeal of taking a 100 horsepower car and adding 400 pounds of crap to it, thinking its going to go faster.
Race Equipment company decals add at least 5 hp per decal.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts