Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to think I am going to have to! Just curious if anyone has done it before. Everyone that says they are gonna help me backs out. Its a 1 inch body and 3 inch suspension with mml. Doesnt seem too awfully hard just time consuming.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I've lifted CJs, YJs, and TJs. Body lifts, suspension lifts, and MMLs. Give yourself plenty of time to complete the work. Make sure you have all the necessary tools are immediately available prior to starting the project. Spray all bolts with Kroil repeatedly for a week prior to working on your rig.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
It's not that bad.... proper tools, air, 4 jack stands, floor jack... and your favorite beverage on a Saturday should be all you need.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I am currently at 8 JKs 2 TJs 6 Full size Broncos, and an Explorer. A Cherry picker makes swapping coils a 20 minute job.

Bob K.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I put on my Tera 3 inch with LCA's by myself, took about 12 hours, then I swapped out the Tera for for a Currie 4 inch all the arms, both trackbars, rear disc conversion, oh and I pulled both my axles and ran them down for gears and lockers so I had to run the airlines and wire the compressor too. Also installed a Jeepmedic TT skid and a new transfer case. Had to do the case twice though cause the seal on the output of my trans got jacked up when I stabbed the case back on. The skid was fun because it had a different bolt pattern than mine so I had to drill the frame and set new nutserts for that. Took about 3 weeks for it all, by myself. I need some homies...... Anything is possible if you want to bad enough!!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
You own a jeep. It's a disease. Get used to getting your hands dirty. When your done you will have learned alot about your ride

·
Registered
105 Posts
ljjp10 said:
You own a jeep. It's a disease. Get used to getting your hands dirty. When your done you will have learned alot about your ride
^^ what he said. I recently did my own and it was very worth it. A great learning experience

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Very easy just time consuming

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yup! Refer to the forums whenever you're stuck, search button is a life saver. You're not in CT are you? If so I'd be glad to give to hand..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I figured Atleast someone has done it before! I think I'm gonna tackle it tomorrow. And no I'm in Kentucky. If anybody in the Louisville, ky wants to give a hand feel free! My 33's will be here Monday and I know I'm gonna be mad if it ain't lifted by then

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
remember to get it aligned after

·
Registered
213 Posts
My current Jeep is my 5th and other than having gears installed once, I have NEVER even had help doing anything on my jeep let alone paying a shop to do anything.
I lifted and modified every one of my Jeeps and helped with a few others.
I really need to find somebody close by to get into Jeeps so they can lend a hand once in a while.:whistling:
Vince

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats what I need, some Jeep friends! But my gf's dad and my dad are gonna help out tomorrow! Im pretty happy its finally getting on there. If I run into any problems I will definitely ask. Gonna try and take some pics along the way too. I always like seeing other peoples builds, might as well post my own.

·
Registered
442 Posts
it is a time consuming job but its worth it and you will feel accomplished every time you get into your ride from that point on. Plus you really get to know your jeep that much better.

Dont forget to prep before hand too. ex: spray the bolts with pb blaster and such. Having a buddy to help is a plus :thumb:

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Neil F. said:
Toe is the only adjustment. Also easy to do yourself.
Unless you get new CA's and TB

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
atcotrailsinc said:
it is a time consuming job but its worth it and you will feel accomplished every time you get into your ride from that point on. Plus you really get to know your jeep that much better.

Dont forget to prep before hand too. Ex: Spray the bolts with pb blaster and such. Having a buddy to help is a plus :thumb:
x2

·
Registered
941 Posts
Aside from saving money you will learn a great deal about your Jeep. On my Jeep I had many "firsts": suspension lift, body lift, motor mount lift, radiator install, auto trans service, diff fluid change, unit bearing replacement, front driveshaft service, etc. It has all been very easy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I did a 4" rough country mostly by myself. It took about 8hrs.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
A couple of not must haves but very helpful. I've lifted a yj, cj, jk and an lj all in my garage and learned some shortcuts.
1. An extra set of hands and eyes is worth its weight in gold.
2. Having a bottle jack and a floor jack + a couple of pieces of 6x6 and 2x4 helps.
3. About 24" of extensions will make getting rear upper shock bolts off is a life saver.
4. If you don't have a good pry bar, get one.
5. If you don't have a good breaker bar, get one.
It sounds like a lot but if you buy tools instead of labor I always consider it a win win.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.