Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
And that my friends...is why I have a parachute. :D

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
thats hilarious lol

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
My 4 banger auto would do it in about 18 minutes.

·
Wrecktrician
7,349 Posts
Do those jeeps have manual transmissions? It sounded like it in the video.

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do those jeeps have manual transmissions? It sounded like it in the video.
both jeeps are manual.

Yellow jeep = TJEli.

4.0,NV3550,231, to 4.88 gears with 35" Toyo MTs. His jeep is pretty heavy. Full doors, tons of armor, full cage, full interior, and custom stereo. I was really surprised at his time.

The white jeep = Dirk + Double Duty.

4.0,NV3550, Atlas 4.3,5.38 gears to 40" MT/Rs. Dirk ran down the track with his ARB locked up. Dirks jeep is a confirmed 5005 lbs. I'm sure the only reason his times were slower is cause he can't drive. :rofl:

·
Wrecktrician
7,349 Posts
Clifford, I thought all the "Rock Crawler" guys ran auto transmissions.

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a hard time with the leg wobbles. Couple times I've been going up a steep incline or something and my leg starts to shake. Then I can't hold the clutch in! :rofl:

I am going to run the auto to help suck up some of the bump when wheelin. The torque converter allows you more play room than a 5 speed and you don't have to have as much gearing for the same size tire. For the way I wheel I feel I will have more control over my tires with the auto.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I don't think those are bad times at all, considering that is not what they where built for. I am impressed!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts