Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Exactly! Plus who don't have Facebook these days?
I dont either. I feel like im one or two in this world who doesnt though. People look at me like im crazy when i say that.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I dont either. I feel like im one or two in this world who doesnt though. People look at me like im crazy when i say that.
Us 1% need to stand our ground! lol Actually I have nothing against facebook, its a great tool for networking but a while back, I just felt overloaded or overwhelmed at the amount of people who wanted to be your "friend" who really don't even associate with. Also, I didn't need to know that "jane or john" woke up this morning and brushed there teeth in updates lmao. Farming was the last straw for me...

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Us 1% need to stand our ground! lol Actually I have nothing against facebook, its a great tool for networking but a while back, I just felt overloaded or overwhelmed at the amount of people who wanted to be your "friend" who really don't even associate with. Also, I didn't need to know that "jane or john" woke up this morning and brushed there teeth in updates lmao. Farming was the last straw for me...
I dont have one for a few reasons as well. One, the ridiculous updates. Like eating a bowl of cereal or taking a crap. Sorry but i dont care.. Two, jobs. Ive known a few people get denied jobs because the boss facebooked them and didnt like what was on their page. Doesnt always have to be what you post, anything anyone posts can be used against you.. Because its on your page.. With your name. And i dont need it to keep in touch or socialize.. I have a cell phone and i have social skills where i can actually talk to people in person and actually hangout. Sorry for the derail here but im not a fan. Nothing against the 99% of the world haha.. yall have at it. Ill be just fine without it. Have been ever since it came out

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I dont have one for a few reasons as well. One, the ridiculous updates. Like eating a bowl of cereal or taking a crap. Sorry but i dont care.. Two, jobs. Ive known a few people get denied jobs because the boss facebooked them and didnt like what was on their page. Doesnt always have to be what you post, anything anyone posts can be used against you.. Because its on your page.. With your name. And i dont need it to keep in touch or socialize.. I have a cell phone and i have social skills where i can actually talk to people in person and actually hangout. Sorry for the derail here but im not a fan. Nothing against the 99% of the world haha.. yall have at it. Ill be just fine without it. Have been ever since it came out
LMAO cereal or taking a dump... But yeah, for jobs, its too much of liability against that person or associates of that person who has that facebook page. I personally am a private person, and "trying" to keep my digital footprint to a minimum just because I like my privacy. Hell, I don't even like my name in the phonebook hehehe

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Haha ya same here. Only good purpose is informational purposes on things your affiliated with like your town like tornado warnings or wrecks or something going on where you work. Basically news.. Haha but its not worth it to me. Ill just turn the radio on or downlaod an app. Theres an app for everything so i dont have a problem there lol

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
The one and most important reason I do not have a Facebook page is because I DO NOT want anyone to know I exist. If your important to me you know how to get in touch with me. I would not even give my ex employer my cell number. If you need to get in touch with me after hours call my home number and get my voice mail.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Facebook is where the sheep go to be monitored. No thank you sir... I will dwell among the wolves and forsake the shepherd. He ends up eating the flock if times get hard, at least he must be starving to hunt wolf for food.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Haha ya same here. Only good purpose is informational purposes on things your affiliated with like your town like tornado warnings or wrecks or something going on where you work. Basically news.. Haha but its not worth it to me. Ill just turn the radio on or downlaod an app. Theres an app for everything so i dont have a problem there lol
I got rid of my cell phone a few years ago(I'm hearing impaired) and only used it for txt'in towards the end of my contract and since then I just got a toshiba thrive and like you said, there is an app for everything! Even free TXT only numbers apps which is a total money saver. The only down side was its only good if I have a wifi signal. So it stays home most of the time.

Sorry OP, didn't mean to go off track.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nope, I deleted my Facebook a couple of months ago. Best decision I ever made....except buying a Jeep of course :p

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Looks like were winning so far haha. Maybe jeepers are that 1%. We dont need it cause we can drive over mountains to see you in person. And have a great time doing it too! Doing what we do best!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts