Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever wondered what goes into building a "race car?" More specifically, a rig built to handle the trails in Johnson Valley. My friends and I have taken on the task of building a Cherokee to race in the Everyman Challenge out at King of the Hammers in February 2014. Follow Poor Boy Racing and "like" us on Facebook to see what we are doing! As the name shows, we are just a few college guys with limited funds. We hope that our project will inspire others to take on things that they didn't believe was within reach...

Poor Boy Racing

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
alright - can't do the facebook at work.... how do i get my hands on one of these t-shirts! :D i'm happy to donate to the cause!

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Good luck fella's. Buddy of mine here out of Phx has won the series the last 2 years in a row and I know how much work he puts into his rig.

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good luck fella's. Buddy of mine here out of Phx has won the series the last 2 years in a row and I know how much work he puts into his rig.
Thank you sir :wavey:

We have a local company that builds/races a few rigs in the big boy classes...definitely an awesome thing to see come together...cant wait to have our own!

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
got my shirt! :D i'll throw a picture up tonight... sorry for the delay Geoff, i was out of town camping and wheeling... looks awesome! :thumb:

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:whistling:
:popcorn:

This is tight. We were thinking about putting together an RCrocs type rig for over here in the coming years. Awesome to see you guys doing the everyman. Goodluck!
Thanks bud. We dont feel like we are making much progress since we are doing lots of petty stuff right now. We just started putting in the unibody stiffeners. Next up suspension and axles. Once we get it setting back on its own weight I thinkit will feel like more progress was made

got my shirt! :D i'll throw a picture up tonight... sorry for the delay Geoff, i was out of town camping and wheeling... looks awesome! :thumb:
Glad you like it Bob!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I am down to show you some Texas love my friend.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Yes sir I am and I will also sport it around base... You think it can double as a chick magnet? Also, I need size double fat or massive petite..

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
First Item of business:

We are down to 1 medium shirt, and 3 large shirts! Anyone else interested in any of these sizes? Also, in the next month or two registration opens up so we will have a number by then! This is when we will be looking at making a second batch of shirts with our team number! Rather than making ones identical to the current ones we would like suggestions on what our followers like. We are looking for color schemes, types, etc. Here are the suggestions we've had so far:

-Women's shirts. These would have a women's cut, and may also involve more feminine colors.
-Tank tops. These would probably be more gender neutral to appeal to both male and females.

So let us know what you would like to see with the shirts!

SECONDLY,

I know this is Wranglerforum and we are in a Cherokee, but would anyone be interested in a build thread here? I have had a few requests from multiple people...what say you?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts