Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I want to know more about this bumper. It seems like you would have to dremel off some of the track bar off the front to fit this bumper. I just feel that using the dremel to technically saw off some of the track bar is making it weaker? I just want to hear some of your opinions and see if I am just over analyzing it...the bumper looks amazing I'm just hesitant about the sawing off part.

Thanks in advance guys for your opinions on the matter!

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Your not doing anything to the track bar....but I think you mean the bash/crash bar the air dam is attached to. And yes that gets cut off. The only reasons its on there from factory in the first place is to attach the air dam,and to appease government crash ratings/tests. Its not a structural support for the frame. I didn't hesitate to whack mine off for the 1/4 pounder. Plus your removing some weight cutting it off.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your not doing anything to the track bar....but I think you mean the bash/crash bar the air dam is attached to. And yes that gets cut off. The only reasons its on there from factory in the first place is to attach the air dam,and to appease government crash ratings/tests. Its not a structural support for the frame. I didn't hesitate to whack mine off for the 1/4 pounder. Plus your removing some weight cutting it off.
Awesome! Thanks for the reply! I didn't know if it was a big structural deal or just something they put on to abide by rules and regulations! Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts