Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I just installed an EVO HD level kit on my 15' 2 door JK and the front looks so high. It looks like I got 3 inches of lift in the front.
My axle is also offset an inch to the driver's side. I ordered an adjustable synergy track bar from Northridge to fix that issue, but could anyone tell me if I'm going crazy or does it look odd?

Parts that add weight to the front.
Posion Spyder brawler lite with skid plate
Smittybilt oil pan skid plate

Attachments

·
Registered
489 Posts
It's the same part number for 2dr and 4dr I believe, that's the problem, the springs were designed with a 4dr + winch in mind. It does not look bad but it is noticeable. Also they should settle a little bit.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the same part number for 2dr and 4dr I believe, that's the problem, the springs were designed with a 4dr + winch in mind. It does not look bad but it is noticeable. Also they should settle a little bit.
Yeah thank you for the input. I have a winch I will be installing this week so hopefully that helps. I might just have to put bigger tires!

·
Registered
489 Posts
I hear you. A good way to save money is to go with 15s and 35x1250r15 or 33x12.50r15. You can click on my signature to see what that looks like. 16-17" tires are significantly more expensive.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hear you. A good way to save money is to go with 15s and 35x1250r15 or 33x12.50r15. You can click on my signature to see what that looks like. 16-17" tires are significantly more expensive.
Your jeep looks great and it seems extremely capable. I never thought about 15's but it seems like a pretty good idea after seeing yours.

·
Registered
489 Posts
A lot of people don't because they see going from a 17 to a 15 as a "downgrade" and it's a mental obstacle. And some don't like the look. But you can get 15" wheels for $50 and a good tire like the 35" mt/r for $200. Can't beat that. The 35x12.50-17 mt/r is $125 more PER TIRE.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Iirc the 2 door uses a .75 spacer in the rear? Same as the rancho 2" kit. 4 door uses a 1.75 which would make more sense unless weighted down in the front.
It does use a .75 spacer in the rear. I already thought about adding more spacers in the rear or different coils. I am going to wait for the winch install and them to settle to see where I am then.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do nothing until you get the winch on. Also wait for them to settle as others have said.
It is going on today before my wheeling trip at Redbird this weekend. I am assuming a lot of variables effect the amount of time it takes to settle, but does anyone have a generic time frame I should be concerned if it still does not look level?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts