Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a low-profile rack for a few weeks now... kept coming up empty handed. but then, I came across the EVO rack.It mounts without any drilling.

I ordered it via Northridge 4x4 and was in contact with the EVO Instagram account via private messages. The guy said it would take 30 min with hand tools. He said a ratchet will speed things up... So i thought, "why not assemble this during my lunch break at work?"

...it did not take 30 minutes.... maybe 30 minutes to a person who assembles them all day, lol

So as my shift is ending... I decided to run outside at 6am and mount this puppy up before the day shift people start to arrive. PROBLEM. The mounting bolts arent taking to the thread, as if they are too short. I stay there like an idiot trying different ways to make it work, figuring it must be something I did. I was freezing my nuts off in thin scrubs and a light sweater in CO.

i managed to get 1 bolt on, without the split washer....and I drive it home. I used a C-clamp to get the others on. I thought-" its probably just too short, its gotta be"

So i messaged the guys on IG, and said the 1 1/2" bolts are too short, I need longer ones so I'm running to ACE hardware and getting longer ones:". The kicker is.... the guy says " ah yes, we've heard reports on some being a tad too short- longer ones will definitely work."

wow....wish i knew that before hand.

Anyways, all fixed and mounted. I like it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've been looking for a low-profile rack for a few weeks now... kept coming up empty handed. but then, I came across the EVO rack.It mounts without any drilling.

I ordered it via Northridge 4x4 and was in contact with the EVO Instagram account via private messages. The guy said it would take 30 min with hand tools. He said a ratchet will speed things up... So i thought, "why not assemble this during my lunch break at work?"

...it did not take 30 minutes.... maybe 30 minutes to a person who assembles them all day, lol

So as my shift is ending... I decided to run outside at 6am and mount this puppy up before the day shift people start to arrive. PROBLEM. The mounting bolts arent taking to the thread, as if they are too short. I stay there like an idiot trying different ways to make it work, figuring it must be something I did. I was freezing my nuts off in thin scrubs and a light sweater in CO.

i managed to get 1 bolt on, without the split washer....and I drive it home. I used a C-clamp to get the others on. I thought-" its probably just too short, its gotta be"

So i messaged the guys on IG, and said the 1 1/2" bolts are too short, I need longer ones so I'm running to ACE hardware and getting longer ones:". The kicker is.... the guy says " ah yes, we've heard reports on some being a tad too short- longer ones will definitely work."

wow....wish i knew that before hand.

Anyways, all fixed and mounted. I like it.

EDIT: why doesn't this site ever work with picture uploads...I dont use IMGUR because people said it doesnt work, now tiny pic too?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts