Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having to clean this thing like once every two weeks after i replaced both my terminals with marine terminals. What are you guys suggestions? Now I'm am completely wire around my ingnition straight to my starter could this be a factor? Fairly new battery a lil over a year old. :whistling:

·
Knows a couple things...
49,015 Posts
Your battery is probably venting/fuming sulphuric acid fumes. A sealed AGM battery prevents that from happening, which is a better type of battery for Jeeping anyway.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Agree you're leaking fumes. I've had batteries do that before..... Leaking near the post. Take it back before you end up having to replace your battery terminals

·
Registered
575 Posts
When you are through swapping batteries because of the venting issue, always smear axle grease all over both terminals, basically sealing them off from air/what ever else.The corrosion can't form as easily when no air can get to the terminals. As an altrenative use aerosol spray white lithium grease all over/around the terminals.

·
Registered
858 Posts
^Most auto parts stores also sell little 99¢ packets of terminal/battery post anti-corrosion gel right next to the cash register. Usually next to little packets of brake anti-squeal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts