Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I face a problem with my Wrangler (2008 CRD) here in Greece. I have excessive fuel (diesel) consumption, around 20L / 100km (that’s way too much!). I have taken it to numerous service centers and no one seems to see the problem, we have checked all the common issues when it comes to these kind of problems but we can’t find anything.

I cannot see where this excessive consumption comes from.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
Stock wheels or different size?

That's about 12mpg. Too much for a stock jeep but if you have larger wheels on, different gearing, uncalibrated speedo.... then it's not too far out of range.

My jeep is gasoline but in the Winter time I can go as high as 22L/100km

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I think that you will have to tell us a bit more in order to have any hope of giving you ideas. Is the Jeep stock? Has it been modified? Does it have a manual or automatic transmission, etc. Most importantly, is this behavior new, or has it always been this way?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought it a month ago with 130.000km on road. The car is stock, it has an automatic transmission and the only thing I did is to change the tires and put 265/70R17 115T All-terrain (not too big).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The previous owner had changed the fuel injectors, he put Bosch injectors. So, I suspect that he was also trying to find the problem. Of course, when I was about to buy he did not tell me anything. I realized that the fuel consumption was way too much when I started driving, it in the first few days.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Hmmm, OK. I am not really that knowledgeable about diesels, I am afraid but I will ask this - when you accelerate hard, does it emit a lot of black smoke, as if it is running very rich?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts