Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
278 Posts
I got in my Quadratec 4 inch round LEDs yesterday, and I got 'em installed this morning. I'm pretty happy with the results, though I did get a little frustrated when I dropped a 10mm wrench behind my headlight while trying to tie in the ground, then dropped a mounting screw for the headlight which of course landed on my skid plate and rolled underneath the bracket. A magnet got the screw out, and all ended well.

I chose to order the single lights, rather than the set that included the wiring harness, as I didn't believe that I needed the harness. I figured on a cleaner install without a lot of extra wires without the harness. If you're not real strong on wiring, then the harness is the way to go, as it makes everything pretty simple.

This also completes my wiring project on the Jeep, at least for now or until I discover something else that I may want to add.

Exco
I have a 2017 JKUR HR. I see you have the Inspired Engineering 3.5" revolvers on your a pillar and the Quadrated 4" round on your bumper. I want to mount 2 round leds on the a pillar and 2 on the front bumper. I am looking to buy the same lights for both places. Which brand would you recommend and why?
By the way, Jeep looks awesome!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I have a 2017 JKUR HR. I see you have the Inspired Engineering 3.5" revolvers on your a pillar and the Quadrated 4" round on your bumper. I want to mount 2 round leds on the a pillar and 2 on the front bumper. I am looking to buy the same lights for both places. Which brand would you recommend and why?
By the way, Jeep looks awesome!
Thanks. it's been a labor of love.

Both sets of lights are excellent, and I have no complaints about either. I don't think that you can go wrong with either set.

I had a bit of a problem with one of the revolvers, but Sami at IE hooked me up pretty quickly, and there were no issues. IE gives you the "small town local shop" vibe when you deal with 'em.
Q-tech has volume on their side, so their prices are very competitive.

It comes down to which look you like the best...

Exco

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks. it's been a labor of love.

Both sets of lights are excellent, and I have no complaints about either. I don't think that you can go wrong with either set.

I had a bit of a problem with one of the revolvers, but Sami at IE hooked me up pretty quickly, and there were no issues. IE gives you the "small town local shop" vibe when you deal with 'em.
Q-tech has volume on their side, so their prices are very competitive.

It comes down to which look you like the best...

Exco
Thanks for the info. In your opinion, are the 4" quadratics too big for the a pillar?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Thanks for the info. In your opinion, are the 4" quadratics too big for the a pillar?
No, probably not. I have actually contemplated putting some larger lights on the A pillars. I'm not real sure that a half an inch would be all that noticeable.
There are some members here that have 6 inch or larger on the A pillars...

My only regret is that I went with the flood pattern on the A pillars. I think the spot pattern would have been better, as it's a more focused beam, and might have a little bit less "blow back reflection"

good luck

Exco

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks. I am considering buying the same brand of light for the a pillar and bumper. Spot for the a pillar and flood for the bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 66 of 66 Posts