Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright here we go.
What do you think of an exhaust cut out solely for the purpose of being "obnoxious". For maybe a couple hours a week.
I know there's no performance benefit but my thinking is I don't want to spend 500 on an exhaust to get the loud sound when I don't want that all the time or could end up hating it.
I'd like for Example..
driving threw the neighbourhood - stock exhaust

Long Driving to the lake or camping(highways) - stock exhaust

Once I get to the lake and want to drive some gravel pits - open it up and enjoy my two cents worth
Get to a buddy's house - open it up and show off a bit!

good idea or bad ?

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I think it's funny. Not a bad idea. Goof off when you want. I want a train horn lol. Some times it's good to be heard other times not. Wish Harley owners around here had intelligence like you. :)

Edit. Btw my Harley owner neighbor complained he can hear them in his house driving down the road and asked if I could too. Felt like saying ya dumb fuzz.

·
Registered
901 Posts
If you're offroading don't you want to hear whats going on with your rig? possible tranny, rear or other type noise?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Have you ever heard an uncorked straight 6? It is one of the most offensive sounds I have ever heard in my life! It's yours though. If you want it go for it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well if it really is gonna sound like garbage I guess that's out...

Edit: http://youtu.be/ee8jPbl23qA

Sounds pretty throaty.

2) just a day dream I had but put dual exhaust one side has stock muffler/res one side has a loud good sounding muffler/res the cutout controls which one I want haha

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Well if it really is gonna sound like garbage I guess that's out... Edit: http://youtu.be/ee8jPbl23qA Sounds pretty throaty. 2) just a day dream I had but put dual exhaust one side has stock muffler/res one side has a loud good sounding muffler/res the cutout controls which one I want haha
If that's what you you want your jeep to sound like, go for it. It's all about what you want. I feel it sounds more like a dirt bike than a throaty powerful engine. But that's just me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts