Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So two times in two offroad trips I have managed to screw up my exhuast. First time I just bent it and was able to bend it back. Now Saturday I bent it again, but this time in the back of the muffler damaging where the pipe comes out. This one I cant seem to fix. So my plan is to replace it. Big question though is what is the best way? I dont want to damage it again, and this muffler is only a few months old. I do have a Teraflex Shock bar in the rear so something that will let me adjust that as much as I want would be nice as well. I should add the one time I damaged it a few days ago it was because I had to rock it out of some mud and my exhaust pipe hit the ground hard and repeatedly. I would like to move where it comes out if possible and stay under $100.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Are you talking about the muffler itself or the pipe where it comes out under the rear bumper? If you are talking about the latter, it shouldn't be sticking out far enough to damage it. I do some crazy stuff with mine and the only part of the exhaust I hurt is under the oil pan

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Sorry, there isnt anyway to shorten up a YJ exhaust enough in order to get it out in front of the tire. There just isnt enough real estate under there to let that happen.

Best thing you can do is to cut the tail pipe shorter so that it doesnt stick out past the body.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Have a good exhaust shop do it so they can tuck everything up as tight as possible. I had a place near me do the full duals on my gto, mandrel bent and all, for $225 including the mufflers and crossover. It included my choice of chrome tips as well, but I kindly turned them down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts