Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. So I want to order an electric exhaust cutout for my 2015 wrangler, but i’m not sure what the exhaust diameter is underneath before the cat. I know its either 2.5’’ or a 3”. Anybody know for sure???

·
Super Moderator
8,032 Posts
Without sticking my head down there and measuring I would not know what the diameter is. And you could do that just as well as I could. Besides, zimm is right, don't do that it will only sound like poop and annoy everyone around you making people think poorly of Jeep owners.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hey everyone. So I want to order an electric exhaust cutout for my 2015 wrangler, but i’m not sure what the exhaust diameter is underneath before the cat. I know its either 2.5’’ or a 3”. Anybody know for sure???
The cats are on the individual head pipes. I think you may be talking about the resonator. Pretty sure it is 2.5", but as stated above will probably sound like garbage with minimal performance gains

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Before the CATs.. they are virtually attached to the manifolds... I have heard some with the muffler off and it was not good.. With a cut out probably sound like .. She_HIT...along with setting an annoying example of Jeep among the masses .. AND Good luck talking with a passenger or listening to the radio..

·
Retired Moderator
104,218 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Its two 2.5" pipes From the cats to the y pipe and then its a single 2.5" pipe all the way to the muffler. I don't think you could put it in front of the cats, without a great deal of effort and fab work. Then you have to deal with where that exhaust goes in that spot some of it is going to flood into the engine bay and get sucked back into the air cleaner. The rest will be doing its damnedest to melt your wires, engine mounts, and I think the upper control arm mounts. There is no space to run a second pipe under. Maybe out the fender but under load it might do a number on the tires. That is assuming the computer doesn't toss it to limp mode. Not saying it cant be done, just that there would be some challenges.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts