Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my 95 yj has become almost unbareable to drive due to the fact that the exhausr seems to fill up the inside. Anyone else have this issue before ? is it an exhaust leak ??? it is downright awful !!! also, the heading should have read EXHAUST FUMES DUMPING, not dumoing.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It could be a crack in your exhaust manifold or a clogged catalytic converter. Go inspect your exhaust manifold and see if that's the problem

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Does your rear window shut all the way?
I get fumes in the cab when my rear glass isn't shut good

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the tips. i took my jeep in to a meinekie muffler shop and they inspected my exhaust and found no leaks. they said the exhaust was coming out the pipe and recycling into the back window. i had my back window off so that explains it. hey gord, how far out did you extend your tailpipe? mine just peeks out of the rear bumper.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think I ended up going about two inches or so back. Looked kinda dumb, but it worked great, till i pinched it on a rock and had to cut it off.. then found out the PO ran the whole exhaust stupid and it was melting into my gas tank, now it cuts out right behind the seats...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts