Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed out the exhaust header this week wanted to share some tips.

There were only two bolts I could not get to with a ratchet and extention(s). both on the bottom and near the back. 14mm I think and a ratcheting wrench was the tool to use (not much room).

You will probably need a special tool to disconnect the gas line and unlike the factory manual says, you do not need to remove the injectors.

Remove bolts from manifold to exhaust before disconnecting the fuel line from intake. You may need to use the torch. Also I was worried that the fuel system would have to bleed the fuel to get rid of air and that is not the case, just put it back on.

be careful of the metal fuel line that runs under the intake as I almost messed it up by dropping the P-steering pump on it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Good tech notes, dbwvu. This is the stuff we should be posting, not "Where is the cheapest top?" or "Which lift can get me over speed bumps?" Thanks for posting the info on your experience, may save someone else some time down the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts