Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sponsoring Vendor
'13 JK
4,680 Posts
I'm not sure how a TBI would make that noise (?)

But it does sound like an exhaust leak of some kind (gasket?) and maybe even a specific cylinder?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah my jeep sounded like that, but way more extreme. I had an exhaust/intake leak and just replaced the gasket as well as a couple vacuum lines, it's good to go now. It's only been two days though, I'm going to re-torque the bolts on the manifold tmrw to make sure.

·
Registered
890 Posts
what noise, the ticking? All I can hear is ticking and background wind noise.
If yes; (ticking), that's your rocker arms. Nothing unusual. Maybe just have it running properly now after all that work and discovering a noise(s) that has always been there.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what noise, the ticking? All I can hear is ticking and background wind noise. If yes; (ticking), that's your rocker arms. Nothing unusual. Maybe just have it running properly now after all that work and discovering a noise(s) that has always been there.
but it's only under load, if I'm just cruising I don't hear anything or its very discreet.and I'm almost positive that it wasn't there before I replaced my exhaust manifold and loose lifter but all that's been replaced. Maybe a bad gasket? How do I know for sure?

·
Registered
234 Posts
If i were you, being that you say you just replaced a lifter, i would pull the valve cover and make sure all your rockers are torqued correctly and arent loose. Pain in the ass to have to go back in there, but the only way to know for sure

·
Registered
890 Posts
STP OIL ADDITIVE. My tick went away using half a bottle
Or a quantity of tranny fluid then change oil at certain interval. You would have to research that trick for better specifics.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Other than a normal lifter noise, all I hear is the sound of the intake sucking in that little BS air non-cleaner, it will make a sound like that, a little rumble.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts