Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I purchased my 97' TJ almost a month ago and I'm getting ready to replace the exhaust manifold this weekend. I've read a few write-ups and I see that many have had problems with the bolts snapping. I've also read to soak with PB a few days, maybe even a week before the exhaust manifold work is to be done.

I was getting ready to go stock up on PB when I read a post about AeroKroil. It's supposed to blow PB away and that really grabbed my attention. AeroKroil is pricey but I went to their website and found a buy one get one deal that they're having. I couldn't find it at retail stores and they wouldn't even sell it to me as an individual so I had it shipped to my office address. I'm really interested to see just what this stuff can do. I'll keep you all posted as the job progresses this weekend.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Used PB blaster, then aerokroil on a broken off spark plug. didn't have good luck with either... Smoke wrench and a piece of strategically cut dry ice did the trick though. I think i paid $12.00 for the aerokroil. let it soak and re-saturated it multiple times over 2 days.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AeroKroil worked wonders on the exhaust manifold bolts. Sprayed and waited about ten minutes. Wrenched them out no problem. Take a look at the bolt below. You can see where it melted yet the aerokroil still broke it loose.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts