Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Exhaust on lifted tj

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  boosthead 
#1 ·
I just recently bought a TJ Unlimited (LJ) that has a 4" lift and long arm kit.
It needs a new cat back, as I'm shopping around I'm being told that the exhaust will require "some modification".
I've done some googling and am unclear as to what "some modification" means.

What is typically required for installing a cat back on a Jeep setup such as mine?

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy

#5 ·
My buddy has a long arm kit on his TJ and the long arms and bracketry take up space previously occupied by the stock exhaust. In his case, he ended up running a glasspack type muffler in order to get the clearance he needed with the aftermarket suspension components.

#6 ·
I have a long history of running Magnaflow exhausts on my vehicles but after my experience with the catback on my JK, I think I'll look for something else next time. This thing is covered in rust. It's been on about 10k miles. Sounds great. Fits fine. But it's not holding up nearly as well as other magnaflow exhausts I've owned. Same goes for the magnaflow catback I bought for my wife's jeep. I had it on for maybe a month and there was oxidation when I pulled it off. It's been off the Jeep, in the garage, and oxidation continues. I'm not impressed by their not so stainless steel..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.