Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My exhaust on my 91 wrangler dropped the other day and has been rattling around. I haven't taken the time yet to look how bad, but I've been told I may need to replace both the exhaust and muffler and it could be a pain in the ass. I took some pictures. I was wondering if anyone has had this happen before and how much I should expect to pay to replace it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
$150 for the head pipe muffler and tailpipe all clamps hangars and the rubber dudes they hang on. The car was a few bucks more all by Walker at AutoZone

·
Supporting Member
2,837 Posts
Goto a custom exhaust shop you can get a catback for about 150-200 fully welded and with whatever muffler you want

I ordered a hi flow 2.5" cat and magnaflow magnapack muffler for my YJ today once it comes in the local shop will bend me up a 2.5" tailpipe and weld it all on for 100

·
Registered
829 Posts
Goto a custom exhaust shop you can get a catback for about 150-200 fully welded and with whatever muffler you want I ordered a hi flow 2.5" cat and magnaflow magnapack muffler for my YJ today once it comes in the local shop will bend me up a 2.5" tailpipe and weld it all on for 100
I went to a little exhaust shop and got a complete, custom made, no pre bent pipe, with a certain component deleted for $350 cash.

·
Supporting Member
2,837 Posts
I went to a little exhaust shop and got a complete, custom made, no pre bent pipe, with a certain component deleted for $350 cash.
Wow did they use lube and give you a reach around ?

That's 2x as much as I paid for a custom down pipe and tailpipe along with welding a cat and muffler up on my YJ and it was all mandrel bent from strait lengths of pipe

·
Registered
829 Posts
Wow did they use lube and give you a reach around ? That's 2x as much as I paid for a custom down pipe and tailpipe along with welding a cat and muffler up on my YJ and it was all mandrel bent from strait lengths of pipe
Nice. It was the best price I found locally. Midas and mineke wanted more.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I put on a Walker muffler and tail pipe fully welded it myself and It cost me just under $70 for me to do it. I spent another $10 to delete a part but I will put one back on later. You can clamp it together if you don't have a welder.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I'm going to get rid of that while I'm fixing the exhaust. It's been in my plans since I got the truck, I figured might as well do it now.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I recommend keeping it or replacing it my gas milage got worse and it ran better with it. I'm going to put a new one on soon. Just my .02

1 - 12 of 12 Posts