Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished my long arm install now all I have to is re route the exhaust. My question is, would it hurt anything to move the Cadillac converter closer to The engine. Like make my dash look like Christmas lights. I'd like to put the Cadillac converter before the skid plate and the exhaust under The plate.

·
Registered
33,396 Posts
It wouldn't hurt to move it forward, but if you off road much, you would stand a greater chance at a rock or something hitting the cat and damaging it.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
SCBeachKop said:
Whats a converter for a cadilliac doing on Jeep..?? LOL
I am SO gonna call it that from now on. LOL

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I worked in auto parts for a few years in hs and college... I've heard
Cadillac converter
Cadillac convertible
Convertible cadillac
Catalytic convertable
Cadlac converter
...and probably 100 other variations over my 6 yrs.
Always entertaining. :)

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
jrussblues said:
I worked in auto parts for a few years in hs and college... I've heard
Cadillac converter
Cadillac convertible
Convertible cadillac
Catalytic convertable
Cadlac converter
...and probably 100 other variations over my 6 yrs.
Always entertaining. :)
I bartended in collage and hated it when people ordered Amarilllo sours.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The cat is the most expensive part of the stock exhaust. It is also the most fragile and prone to uselessness when damaged. A muffler or any other part of the exhuast can survive with some dings and dents but that would most likely cause the cat to rattle. Your best best is to leave that stupid thing above the skidplate.

·
Registered
198 Posts
BattyBlueCB said:
The problem is I don't have much room after the skid. It's close. I think I might be able to get away with moving it forward just a few inches. If not I'll just fab a skid up for it. Great advice thanks.
Even if it's not under the skid, it would still be tucked up there pretty good. I wouldn't worry about it. If i was going to fab something, it would be a heat shield from the tub and the trans.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great very hard to tighten bolts to header with those in the way maybe I will cut them off and weld o peice of pipe in there place

·
Registered
198 Posts
sknybkr44 said:
Great very hard to tighten bolts to header with those in the way maybe I will cut them off and weld o peice of pipe in there place
Search for a 2000 downpipe, mine didn't include the cats. Might fit yours, but I dunno for certain.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts