Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gang,

I am interested in ordering a new exhaust for my 2013 JKR 6 speed. However I don't know which one. I'd love the new exhaust to have a deep and mean sound to it, like as if I had a V8 or a big diesel engine on my Wrangler (lol, wishing thinking).

Having said that, what are my options that will deliver the sound I am looking for? I should mention I want NOTHING to do with any exhaust system that will make my Wrangler sound like a rice rocket.

Thank you! :punk:

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Good luck getting it to sound like a v8, with that said IMHO just because its not deep doesn't mean it can't sound good. I have the banks monster on mine and love the sound of it! What I like best about it is there is no highway drone at cruising speed (due to leaving the stock resonator in). So when I'm cruising on the highway it sounds stock, then when I get on it it really wakes up and has a great sound.

I watched a ton of sound clip videos on YouTube before I decided on the banks. My suggestion would be to start there.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have the gibbson metal mulisha and it sounds great. Video clips don't sound the same. Has a nice growl at idle speed. You can take the giant tips off if you don't like them or just don't put them on in the first place.

·
Registered
793 Posts
No B.S. If you want V8 sound............you gotta get a V8. Life is that simple.
Any thing else is a substitute. I have the dynomax Evo system and it is a substitute also....one of the better one's but still a substitute. If you do a search you will find recordings of exhaust sounds....even then that might not help you much. Good Luck!

·
Vendor
440 Posts
What's that old saying? There is no replacement like displacement? :whistling: Love the Comp system.

No B.S. If you want V8 sound............you gotta get a V8. Life is that simple.
Any thing else is a substitute. I have the dynomax Evo system and it is a substitute also....one of the better one's but still a substitute. If you do a search you will find recordings of exhaust sounds....even then that might not help you much. Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts