Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So here is my baby:

I have some questions in regards to exhaust. I have settled on Magnaflow. I have heard a lot of videos and sound clips, but I would like to get the opinions of the experience in here. What are your opinions on:

Rock Crawler

Amazon.com: MagnaFlow 15238 Cat-Back Exhaust System: Automotive

vs.

Off Road Pro Series

Amazon.com: MagnaFlow 17119 Large Stainless Steel Performance Exhaust System Kit: Automotive

Is the main consideration pretty much use type? Is there any significant sound difference between the two, I couldn't notice but I would prefer one being a bit more tame over the other. Both seem good for off road and the crawler seems better for rear hits while descending?

Any opinions? I will be living in Michigan so very little rock crawling and as a result I am leaning towards the off road pro series.

Thanks a ton in advance.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Mine had a lot of drone very annoying...I ended up cutting the first 34" of stock exhaust with resonator and adding that back into the system. It's fine now. Still sounds different than stock but no longer annoying. You could save a lot of money if you just buy a muffler and could modify your existing exhaust

Sent from the Aether

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine had a lot of drone very annoying...I ended up cutting the first 34" of stock exhaust with resonator and adding that back into the system. It's fine now. Still sounds different than stock but no longer annoying. You could save a lot of money if you just buy a muffler and could modify your existing exhaust

Sent from the Aether
Which one did you get. Pro or crawler?

·
Registered
784 Posts
I had the pro version on a 6sp, it droned like a mo-fo and was loud to the point of being obnoxious. On my rig now I just yanked the stock rear muffler off, it's not near as loud as the Magnaflo. Maybe one day I'll get the rock crawler version.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Happy with my Black Gibson duel exhaust. Sounds great at idle and when you push it with no drone.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have the crawler...well half of it. No really I just replaced the forward piece of straight pipe with stock resonator. I actually like it now

Sent from the Aether

1 - 7 of 7 Posts