Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if it would be possible to move the cat converter forward (towards engine) to give me more pipe to play with. Considering I want an Electric cut out, and a new exhaust. There isn't much pipe to play around with from the cat to the stock muffler. I maybe could fit the y pipe for the e-cut out directly inbetween the cat and muffler. But i dont know. Give me ideas or tips.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
You should have no problems moving it forward a little bit assuming there is physically room there.

Personally, would just get a smaller muffler and mount the cutout right behind the cat in its stock position. You should know straight piped tj's just sound like farm tractors at low RPM and pretty bad at high RPM.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should have no problems moving it forward a little bit assuming there is physically room there. Personally, would just get a smaller muffler and mount the cutout right behind the cat in its stock position. You should know straight piped tj's just sound like farm tractors at low RPM and pretty bad at high RPM.
I completely understand that. It's just something different. That's why I want a good muffler. So I can have loud and then good sounding. The loud would be just to have fun with. I probably won't do it for a while. So when I replace the muffler with something different. Could I go ahead and put the y pipe in and just put a cover over the exit so later on I don't have to re do it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts