Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get a pretty bad exhaust smell, especially when vehicle stopped and idling. Taking it to muffler shop tomorrow but wondering could it be something more serious and how do I tell if it is?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Know that smell. That's not it. Don't think it would be cracked manifold do you? Guess I need to see what muffler people say.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You might want to take a look at what condition your floorboards are in. Maybe exhaust leaking in from there ??

·
Registered
457 Posts
Is there any chance you get the smell when it is running & idling inside your garage with the doors closed? GET OUT NOW!

As far as "more serious"….start with opening the garage doors and see where that goes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there any chance you get the smell when it is running & idling inside your garage with the doors closed? GET OUT NOW!

As far as "more serious"….start with opening the garage doors and see where that goes.
Yeah, it's outside. Floorboards are solid. Smell it more from outside valid it's loud. Gotta be the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Probably a cracked manifold. Mines cracked right at the collector, its very very common.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Probably a cracked manifold. Mines cracked right at the collector, its very very common.
Yikes. That can't be good. Doesn't seem to smell much in engine bay- more from middle of the car underneath. But I gotta deal with it. Whatever it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts