Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put on the Teraflex 2.5" coil lift last weekend. I was told that it would require their exhaust spacers. Did not have time to put them on so planned on doing it this weekend. Crawled underneath to take a look. From what I can tell it doesn't look like I need to put them on. Anyone else out there not need them? Just curious why some need them and some may not. Should I put them on for the hell of it?

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
So I put on the Teraflex 2.5" coil lift last weekend. I was told that it would require their exhaust spacers. Did not have time to put them on so planned on doing it this weekend. Crawled underneath to take a look. From what I can tell it doesn't look like I need to put them on. Anyone else out there not need them? Just curious why some need them and some may not. Should I put them on for the hell of it?
I would recommend putting them on. If those front tires are drooped it will make that driveshaft much closer to the exhaust.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would recommend putting them on. If those front tires are drooped it will make that driveshaft much closer to the exhaust.
That picture is with the wheels on the ground, I wonder if adding a steel bumper will cause the exhaust to get closer to the driveshaft.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Looks to me that your driveshaft boot has already hit the exhaust. I can see the mark it left. I'd put them on.

·
Registered
182 Posts
That picture is with the wheels on the ground, I wonder if adding a steel bumper will cause the exhaust to get closer to the driveshaft.
What I'm trying to say is, if you go off-road and the front wheels are hanging low it will cause the driveshaft to flex downward closer to the exhaust. In the picture your not flexing the suspension at all. You need to consider what will happen when your suspension is flexing. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What I'm trying to say is, if you go off-road and the front wheels are hanging low it will cause the driveshaft to flex downward closer to the exhaust. In the picture your not flexing the suspension at all. You need to consider what will happen when your suspension is flexing. Does that make sense?
Got it, makes sense! I figure I have them so why not throw them on. better safe then sorry!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts