Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GO STEELERS !
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3.5 lift and put exhaust spacers on it when I had my stock drive shaft. I now have a JE Reel 1310 driveshaft. Do I still need the exhaust spacers ? Reason I ask is that even with 2 shims my rock hard skid plates are just a hair away from touching the exhaust at the cross member.

PS Happy Thanksgiving. You know right at this moment your sitting at a relatives house bored !!!

·
Super Moderator
21,977 Posts
you should be fine without the spacer. remember it is because of the boot that you need the exhaust spacer. I run a Dana Spicer ds which is probably the same diameter as the jereel. and I run 27.2" long shocks and when fully drooped it just barely makes contact with the exhaust but not enough to hurt anything and it would be so rare that both tires were were just hanging in the air. that is also being disconnected so very rare situation.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Very doubtful you still need the spacers. Yank 'em out. Even if in some situation the driveshaft does contact lightly at full droop it's not going to hurt anything, there's no boot to tear or anything like that.

·
GO STEELERS !
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect. Im going to remove those and not have to worry about spacers for the skids plates. Also going to throw in a Northridge Bolt kit for the track bar and control arms while I'm at it for a little insurance.

·
GO STEELERS !
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Removed the spacers this morning and now have plenty of clearance from the cross over pipe to the skid plate. I also saw that when the dealership installed the spacers they didn't tighten the upper drivers side exhaust bolt. Thats the hard one to get to an apparently they didn't want to waste their time fiddling with it. :censored:

·
Super Moderator
21,977 Posts
Removed the spacers this morning and now have plenty of clearance from the cross over pipe to the skid plate. I also saw that when the dealership installed the spacers they didn't tighten the upper drivers side exhaust bolt. Thats the hard one to get to an apparently they didn't want to waste their time fiddling with it. :censored:
look on the bright side at least they made it easier for you to remove them :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts