Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a custom exhaust installed next week and im having trouble deciding what muffler I want. I want something that isn't super loud but has some sound when I get on it any suggestions.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the Dynomax super turbo. It's defiantly better than stock, but not super loud. i can feel a difference in throttle response and my jeep seems much stronger, but like i said, its not that loud.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Flowmaster 40 series.
Do you have the 40 series. i am thinking about getting it. is it loud and how did you connect it to the cat. My super turbo was a cat back, but did you get a new cat or did you fabricate some thing to work with those 2 bolts on the cat?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Yes I have the 40 series, but I dont have a cat any more (on the YJ). Mine is header piped to muffler. It has a low rumble (nothing like a V8) but once you start cruising its not bad at all. Give it a nice touch IMO.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes I have the 40 series, but I dont have a cat any more (on the YJ). Mine is header piped to muffler. It has a low rumble (nothing like a V8) but once you start cruising its not bad at all. Give it a nice touch IMO.
I need a cat for inspection and dont feel like taking one on and off. thanks though.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
magnaflow

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm not sure how well they inspect your cat when the they do the inspection but if they just need to see it for you to be legal you can do something I did. I took the cat off, cut open the top side and gutted the honeycomb inside, then welded it back up and put it back on, so when you looked under the ride it looked like a completely normal cat but essentially it was just a slightly larger piece of hollow exhaust tube. And I have a flowmaster 40, love the sound, not loud at all but you know it not's stock when you hear it.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Have the 40 series and love it! It is really kinda just bling though-but everyone has their own "type" of bling!??!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts