Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade my stock exhaust system and air intake. I have looked at the Banks Monster exhaust and the Borla exhaust system. Are there any thoughts on which one is the best one for sound and performance? Look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I run the banks on the TJ. It sounds great and is my favorite of the bunch. Buddy runs the Magnaflow, It is a little quieter but sounds pretty nice. The LJ has the Borla, it sounds good but is at the bottom of the list of the 3. It had really cheap hardware too. None of them will increase performance at all, they just sound cool.

To be honest, you have to hear them in person. I bought the banks for a deal blind and lucked out that I liked it. I'm pretty sure the Magnaflow is a bit cheaper though so it would be a tough choice between that and Banks if i were to do it again. Im not sure if your looking for a super loud exhaust because these aren't it. They are all moderate. Can't hear them on the highway but if you step on it you know it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, a friend of mine just mentioned the magnaflo. So i think i am going with that and a air intake system with the K & N filter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts