Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Wrangler Rubicon, @175,000 miles, second owner.
Any advice on complete system ?
Banks, Borla etc etc seem expensive, is extra cost justifiable ?
This is my Daily Driver and occasional light off-road in New Jersey ( emissions inspections ).
any info ?
Thanks

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Why are you looking to change anything? If it is HP, the 4.0 gains nothing from changing any of the exhaust

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Exhaust on our jeeps is purely for sound. There is no performance gain in exhaust, throttle body spacers, programmers, etc.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
If you exhaust is rusted out and shot, take it down to a local muffler shop and have them replace it...and have them install a Thrush Welded muffler ($35) if you want a deep tone sound that is not ricer obnoxious.

·
Registered
955 Posts
As stated and proved, there'll be no performance gains from any exhaust modifications.

What are you replacing and for what reasons? Rust? Sound? When I was looking for a cat-back I just looked up different mufflers and systems on YouTube to hear them. I really liked the tone of the banks monster cat-back and eventually managed to score one for $155 bucks. Happy with the sound but obviously no performance gains.

For just replacing a rusted muffler/tailpipe, pick one of your choosing and either clamp it or have it welded. Welding it in is obviously preferable and shouldn't be too expensive to have done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm looking for a replacement as the sound is slowly getting louder.
I haven't crawled under it yet to find actual problem... still cold and sloppy weather here.
I've put close over 70,000 miles on it and it was Not New when I bought it.

I guess I'll save the $ on a Banks etc. as you guys seems to say there is no performance gain.

youtube sounds like a good idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts