Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a month ago my wife was driving my rig about to pick me up, when a gal hit her from behind. The light was green, but my wife could not proceed due to all the cars waiting in the intersection already, and she tweaked my bumper and the exhaust system (muffler) on my Rubi. (Slid underneath pretty much from the lift) Insurance money showed up, and I want to put in something other than stock.

Any suggestions? Insurance money is basically stock replacement. I don't want to go too expensive, as some of the money I am using to replace my stock bumpers too.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts

·
Bella's Jeeper
1,298 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Bella's Jeeper
1,298 Posts
Ok, I finally got round to installing the aFe Power Scorpion 2 1/2 aluminized steel axle back hi tuck exhaust. Install was fairly straightforward as I used the special tool to get the hangers off the brackets. Even with the tool the hanger by the tail pipe was a PITA to remove. I will post a series of before and after pics.

One issue I did have was the mid pipe appears to have a small spot weld which fits into a slot on the OEM muffler inlet pipe. This limits how far the inlet for the aFe can go on (it is plenty on enough to work and be safe). It looks like the assembly would go back and up another inch or two which would tuck it right up between the frame rails.

Oh and it isn't too noisy - a little deeper tone than stock and a little more volume when accelerating but at cruise it is not noticeably different. I like it - and will love it if I can tuck it up that extra inch or so....

Before and after pics follow:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts