Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had My JK for about 6 weeks first jeep ever. Lovin every MIN so far Ive just lifted it. Cold air induct on the way and new Borla Stainless Exhaust system soon to be delivered (waiting anxiously) but I dont wanna stop there. I am diligently searching for Headers for the JK and a aftermarket Cat Conv. so I can get peak perfomance out of a stage 2 Jet Performance chip. Does anyone know when these items will be available and/or maybe where.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not sure about the chip and header and cat, but just putting CAI makes a big difference in throttle response and power off the line. Exhaust will probably add more, but i haven't done that yet (so can't really speak from experience).

I know that in TJ, those CAI is a waste of money, but if you look at JK's stock air intake and air intake hose, it's VERY restrictive

·
Registered
339 Posts
Exhaust wont do anything but annoy you. The JK 2 Door that I have at my shop right now has exhaust on it and it sounds like a Pontiac Gran Prix with a 3800. Yes, the intake does help alot, but lets be realistic here. We are driving JEEPS, not corvettes. Save your money for gears when they come out. Your JK should spank a TJ anyway. Now, with 37's and 4.10's with the ESP turned off, it will stay dead even with 1BLKJP's rig and he has 35's, a 4.0 with some mods. You are spending alot of $$$ for just a few HP. IMHO.

Joe

·
Registered
14 Posts
Absolute offroad, could you tell me what exhaust does that JK has? is it catback? or just muffler? what brand?

THanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts