Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so here it is.
My thread just under this one, is concerning the engine / tranny..

Secondly, I'm debating on a couple of ideas for an exhaust tip and that'd be a single exhaust tip for both sides, or the dual exhaust tips , for both sides..

Pros and cons?? Or any recommendations on an exhaust tip(s) --- They will be going with dual 3 chamber flowmaster mufflers..

! Help ! lol..

-Brent

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
more exhaust tips equals more stuff to get broke on the trail...plus i think two on each side will look weird...you can go with rolled tips or thin tips...stainless steel is best cause no rust and you can go with chrome too but you will replace it sooner...exhaust tips is really no big deal

its just whatever looks you want and if your gonna be comin down on rocks...just get whatever fits your need and get stainless steel so no rust worries

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Put 6 of them straight out of the hood. That way, you got your tips, and won't get em mushed. Maybe even put some nitros in there, to through flames out of em at night.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bluvikng said:
Put 6 of them straight out of the hood. That way, you got your tips, and won't get em mushed. Maybe even put some nitros in there, to through flames out of em at night.
LOL....

I quit offroading along time ago..now I'm just doing it purely for look and performance, road only... i know it's sad and terrible ..
/cry

so I guess just take out the fact that I won't be off roading anymore.. lol

** Any suggested brands ** ?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I would turn the exhaust out the sides behind the rear tires and go with stainless slash cut tips. If you run them straight out the back, you could get some exhaust fume circulation in the jeep.

If you run dual tips on both sides, go ahead and install a wing and a big greddy sticker.:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol!...nah im going with the single tips but ..have u guys ever seen a wrangler with dual tips on each side, but run up between the nerf bar and the rear tire, pointed up but slightly back? ...kinda weird I saw a picture of one yesterday. My friends are wanting me to do that with it ..haha...

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
dangit my stinkin post didn't post...i was sayin dual tips would look odd...if your not gonna off road then just get WHATEVER LOOKS BEST. and get stainless steel so no rust worries or you can get chrome but you will replace it sooner and you have the option of a rolled tip if you want the thicker look...i've seen the tip come out before the rear tire and it looks pretty good...i'd do that or run duals out the back...but not 2 tips on each side just single on each side

·
Registered
489 Posts
have 2.5 inch diagonally cut pipe coming out of each side next to the rear tires. Not behind it but before the tire. I think it would look nice and clean and not overdoing it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
When I went fron stock muffler to a High flow cat and a 40 series flowmaster 200.00 installed my jeep gained 3 miles to the gallon and it sounds great, i did not do any exaust tips I dont drive my jeep for looks. If it does not help in functionality it gets thrown away on my rig........

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a 91 wrangler and have gone through 4 fuel pumps in the last 5 months. the car just cuts out and it seems it happens every time i get gas. anyone have any suggestions

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
torylv said:
i have a 91 wrangler and have gone through 4 fuel pumps in the last 5 months. the car just cuts out and it seems it happens every time i get gas. anyone have any suggestions

Two suggestions.

1. Try to create a new thread. I'm sure more people will get to see it that way.

2. Buy gas somewhere else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts