Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure there is a bunch of threads talking about exhausts, but my question is does anybody have one on a 2012 that gets some performance and is not so loud. What brand ?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm sure there is a bunch of threads talking about exhausts, but my question is does anybody have one on a 2012 that gets some performance and is not so loud. What brand ?
I had a Banks on my 2012 and Daniel is correct, no difference other than sound. It did sound good mind you, but the only time I felt a performance difference was at wide open throttle. Not something you do very often.
The is a thread around here somewhere where the guy did a before and after Dino with a CAI then after adding a catback system and there really wasn't any gains on the exhaust addition. The intake did give some benefit though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a CAI and a throttle body spacer and did feel a difference when I added them, since im getting more air in I figured you'd need an exhaust to let the extra out. But apparently dont make a difference . What about sound was the banks to loud?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a CAI and a throttle body spacer and did feel a difference when I added them, since im getting more air in I figured you'd need an exhaust to let the extra out. But apparently dont make a difference . What about sound was the banks to loud?
Actually it was pretty mellow until you jumped on it, then it roared to life. Had a bit of a purr at idle as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts