Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
First up, welcome to the forum. Next up, please, before starting a new thread, search. The button is there for a reason, works, and there are PLENTY of threads out there on this topic.

That said, I'll summarize. Performance wise, there is NO gain (except in some people's heads) to replacing the stock exhaust. Only noise. Fuel economy is pretty much the same deal. However, you CAN gain some ground clearance at the rear vs. the rock magnet stock exhaust with an aftermarket setup- Mark W.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Wow; my '08 came with an exhaust system.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Anybody out there have any recommendations on an exhaust system for my new Wrangler?
I decided to do a ss cat back dual tip exhaust on my 10 Rubi from Rugged Ridge and I'm satisfied with it. I added Gibson slash cut ss tips. I decided to go with RR because I didn't want it too loud. The dual tips give it a good look. It's just loud enough where you can hear when to shift. The stock system was too quiet. The cat back doesn't cause a problem with warranty issues since it's after the cat. There are plenty of posts on this. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have been told by many Jeep owners, including auto mechanic owners, that "up-grading" the exhaust does onething....up the profit of the manufacturer who sold it to you.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I installed MBPR all black performane exhausts to my 2010 Wrangler and love them. The sound is deep but not too loud. Don't know if just adding performance exhausts will increase power but when added to a CAI and Superchips Flashpaq I definately feel the power increase. I know there are many nay sayers on this forum that will disagree but that's what makes this forum so great. Every body has an opinion and they don't hesitate to express it.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
I put baseball cards in my spokes and gained 14 BHP at the wheels.
:cool:

·
Registered
8,929 Posts

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
I wouldn't think most people change the exhaust on their jeep for increased performance. I changed mine when my old muffler got a hole in it. I put a flow master on it and i'm happy with it. I just like the sound of it better than the old quiet stock one.

·
Registered
203 Posts
;) OF COURSE, ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS DRIVE AT 5000 RPM all the time !!

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO
Well it does increase from 146hp to 163hp (i think) that should inform a lot of people that keep saying you dont get any performance up grade. You could get a few hps from exhaust alone, along with intake it'll give ya a little boost :)
I do agree though all I care about is getting a better sound. More hp is just a bonus

1 - 18 of 18 Posts