Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you, or someone you know, have exotic pets like birds, reptiles, small mammals? If so, has there ever been a need for a sitter? Would you, or have you used a sitter for your exotics? It seems many friends, family and neighbors find these pets interesting but want no part of caring for them while you're on vacation.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Depends on the level of care needed. I had snakes as a kid. 4.5 ft ball python and a 9 ft red tail boa. A good feeding before you leave and no worries.

·
Registered
10,355 Posts
I had a bunch of snakes years ago. As mentioned, above a feeding before you go and a reliable heat source and you should be good.

Animals such as lizards, birds, and others require more constant care than a snake.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh, I know snakes are easy. I was thinking mostly about birds and small mammals like ferrets. Maybe fish and lizards that require daily feeding and/or live food.

I've managed exotic pet shops and owned exotics. Work is hard to find, so I'm thinking of starting a sitting service. There's lots of birds and small mammals in the NE Atlanta area.

·
Registered
10,355 Posts
Gotcha. Your post makes more sense now. I read it as you were looking for an animal.

·
Jeeper
1,307 Posts
That's cool. I would maybe go make a post over at atlantareefclub.org or if there are other clubs in the area, post there too. You may have to make a few other posts just to show that you know how to care for them. All you need is a few clients to start to start he word of mouth referrals.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have two names I'm considering for the sitting biz, Suburban Safari and Parrots to Ferrets. Which one do y'all like?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts