Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched the forum on this topic to no avail. Anyone using the Lightforce series of lights (140, 170, 240. etc.) with the sPOD switch and power source? Lightforce wiring harness is sold separately from the lights and has built in relay, low-voltage cutoff circuitry as part of the harness.
Do I really need the Lightforce harness or will it be sufficient to just use the sPOD powersource connection setup to the lights?
TheStriker 170s will be located at the base of the A-Piller on the windshield. Looking for experience connecting these two products.
I have read and heard great results of both products, but no "real life" experience connecting the two, which both have built-in relay and LVCO protection. Will the Lightforce harness interfere with the sPOD Powersource? Two product providers differ on the issue. SPOD is currently closed and I have an order pending. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
139 Posts
No need to use the separate harness. All you'll need to do is to wire the lights directly to the sPOD Source box and you're done. Just make sure that you use a fuse on the sPOD with the same rating that Lightforce recommends or uses in their own harness.

·
Registered
552 Posts
no need to use the separate harness. All you'll need to do is to wire the lights directly to the spod source box and you're done. Just make sure that you use a fuse on the spod with the same rating that lightforce recommends or uses in their own harness.
x2

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome! I appreciate it. This was my thinking, but didn't want to run into relay issues with one or both products contending with one another. Thanks again!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anty recommendations on quality light mounts for the A-Piller lower windshield area? I've read some threads about some "suspect" light mounts falling apart (i.e. paint peeling, easily bent, etc.).

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
I used the Rugged Ridge brackets, they have a foam gasket to protect the paint.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No need to use the separate harness. All you'll need to do is to wire the lights directly to the sPOD Source box and you're done. Just make sure that you use a fuse on the sPOD with the same rating that Lightforce recommends or uses in their own harness.
Lightforce uses a 30AMP inline fuse in their harness/switch setup. Are you indicating I need to use a wiring (with an in-line 30AMP fuse) or just use proper gauge wiring from light(s) (NO in-linefuse) and connect to one of the 30AMP terminals within the sPOD Powersource?

Thanks for the clarification!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts