Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with these armor products? From what i can tell, probably some factory in China pumps these products out and a few different vendors get their hands on them. Namely Barricade and Eautogrilles on Ebay(Though they also have their own site).

I know the Barricade Trailforce HD bumper is pretty wide-spread on this forum. It's a great looking, affordable bumper that also has a built-in winch plate. But while browsing Eautogrilles, i found another bumper:

This bumper caught my eye particularly because of the stinger, and because Extreme Terrain doesn't stock it. So i was wondering if anyone has seen one in person? The Ebay page lists virtually identical specs to the common Trailforce HD(Light tabs, built-in winch plate, d-rings included, etc). Except they only list the tubing thickness, not the metal thickness(Trailforce HD is 3/16).

It interests me mostly because of the stinger. I know no bumper at this price point is going to withstand repeatedly being pounded on rocks and such. But as my TJ is my DD, i'm mostly interested in having metal in front of me that will crumple & absorb energy before my frame or body twists in the event of an accident. And this bumper looks like it might fit the bill; the stinger and it's gussets look pretty solidly welded. Anyone have any on-hands experience with it?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have experience with bumpers from them but I do for their rock sliders. They are solid, 3/16" steel. Perfect fit, have withstood a few big rocks and lots of car doors in the parking lot. I would have bought one of their bumpers if I didn't find a custom one on Craigslist for $100
I'm aware of their sliders, they look like a great deal for the money if you do little to moderate off-roading. They're high up on the list once i take care of all my mechanical necessities. I'll either get them from XT or Eautogrilles.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got back from a meet and greet with a club down here, a guy actually had this bumper, just not with the stinger. It's solid. The lights kinda were dim but it was well built. I can assure you of that.
Don't believe it comes with lights; just holes for them. I actually contacted them to inquire about what diameter the holes are. If i got this bumper, i'd want to just get some cheapo LED running lights to stick in there.

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
I'm aware of their sliders, they look like a great deal for the money if you do little to moderate off-roading. They're high up on the list once i take care of all my mechanical necessities. I'll either get them from XT or Eautogrilles.
Good luck with the bumper shopping and let me know when you have the rig mechanically sound and you're ready for those sliders! I've heard nothing but good things about them from people on the forum and I've seen them take some pretty solid shots on the trail. I'll get you a great price when you're ready to pull the trigger.

-Ryan

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had one on my Sahara (sold it last week...). It was very solid. Paint was not so good. Started flaking after a year. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info. Not too worried about the paint; it seems to be a similar texture to rustoleum bedliner. Always have a can of that floating around for touch-ups.

That looks considerably more beefy than the Trailforce HD. Glad to hear the good feedback on both Barricade and eautogrilles products. Even if it's imported, i'm glad someone is manufacturing capable hunks of metal for us to put on our rigs without making them cost their weight in gold :happyyes:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have front and rear bumpers and also rock sliders from eautogrilles. My bumpers are almost identical to the Smittybilt SRC bumpers from what I can tell. I have had them on for about a year now and I am very satisified. They have hit mutiple things on the trail and still look perfect. I have their rock sliders which seem to be copies of the Smittybilt XRC sliders. They are very durable and have slammed into several large rocks with no marks to be found.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts