Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the 4" Rough Country Kit I have been istalling is almost finished . I have the front/rear abbout 99% (just have to re check all my torqued nuts and replace a leaf spring bolt) . I have yet to do the transfer case drop step . I'll tackle that tomorrow. I have been reading some posts and have seen a few mention (if you go higher than a 2.5 lift you may need a slip yoke extension) . Is this something that has to be done every time you install a 4" lift ? if so does anyone have a write up on doing it ? Also I checked a few online stores and found a slip yoke extension for 89.99 or a slip yoke eliminator kit for a few hundred . If I need to do this added step which do I need ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have been running a 4" RC lift for the last six months along with a 1.25" shackle lift.
Although I did purchase a SYE kit, I did not install it due to some time constraints.
I have wheeled this way all summer long. On road, off road, mud trails etc with no issues.
The only minor thing I notice is that there is a little "wobble" to the tranny when I first start moving in first gear, after that no issues.

Keep in mind that if you are going to go with a SYE Kit, you will require a CV Driveshaft and will have to have it cut to the proper length. Be sure to measure accurately.

BTW, buy the kit, not the extension.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I have been running a 4" RC lift for the last six months along with a 1.25" shackle lift.
Although I did purchase a SYE kit, I did not install it due to some time constraints.
I have wheeled this way all summer long. On road, off road, mud trails etc with no issues.
The only minor thing I notice is that there is a little "wobble" to the tranny when I first start moving in first gear, after that no issues.

Keep in mind that if you are going to go with a SYE Kit, you will require a CV Driveshaft and will have to have it cut to the proper length. Be sure to measure accurately.

BTW, buy the kit, not the extension.
i believe a sye does not require a cv type shaft

1 - 3 of 3 Posts