Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As anyone ever used an extended slip yoke? I went off road this weekend and the driveshaft pulled out. I see Morris 4x4 center has one for $75. It says it gives an xtra 5/8". Don't really have the cash on hand for a SYE. Or any other ideas would be appreciated. 90 YJ AX15 NP231.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My son did a sye on his tj. Don't know much about them other than he had to get a custom drive shaft made... I've heard the good and bad on them. Did something change to cause the shaft to pull out?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My son did a sye on his tj. Don't know much about them other than he had to get a custom drive shaft made... I've heard the good and bad on them. Did something change to cause the shaft to pull out?
i just replaced the clutch. Other than that I didn't change any dimensions.

·
Registered
131 Posts
A lift and longer shocks will articulate far enough to pull it out.or possibly the removal of rear track bar

·
Registered
971 Posts
An extra 5/8 of an inch iisn't going to help. you have some choices. Less lift, Change pinion angle. longer drive shaft, lower the transmission but the best solution is still a SYE with a new drive shaft

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
You need a sye if you are going to wheel like that. Shorter shocks are not the answer. Use limiting straps/chains or get some bumpstops to accommodate.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
An extra 5/8 of an inch iisn't going to help. you have some choices. Less lift, Change pinion angle. longer drive shaft, lower the transmission but the best solution is still a SYE with a new drive shaft
thats what I was afraid of. I'm new to the Jeep world just looking for some ideas. Figured I'd look to the experienced. Thanks

·
Registered
971 Posts
I noticedyou have a YJ so it would be easy to change the pinion angle by installing a couple of caster shims under the rear leaf springs just might be:) enough

1 - 9 of 9 Posts