Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of Aug's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
97 TJ

I asked earlier about installation points on the rear sway bar (because mine is completely missing) and finally found a company to order from that didn't either stall me or put me on hold indefinitely. I figured God was discouraging me from ordering from them because they seemed confused by my requests. :)

Anyways, the guy I ordered from (4wd.com) told me a 2" lift didn't require extended end links for such a small lift. Is this correct?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2" from the cup to the top of the coil. How do the bumpstops that are there come out? All I've done is lowered applications with hotrod trucks; this is my first jeep.

And then the original question of needing an extension or not. This jeep is still street until I get all the suspension worked out, and I'm not going much taller than this because it's a backup to my suburban (which sees the off-road duties).

·
Registered
722 Posts
How do the bumpstops that are there come out?
I don't know how bumpstop extensions work when you have a spacer lift, but with a suspension lift you perform the following steps:
Pull the jounce out. It's held in by friction.
Then there's a bolt that holds the jounce cup in. Remove that.
A spacer gets inserted on top of the jounce cup and a new longer bolt holds it all together.

It's also possible to add spacers to the spring perch.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Original question answer : no, you don't need extended sway bar links. If your lift is 0-3" the factory height is OK. Now that being said. Should you change them? I did when I did my lift. IMHO The Zone ones are simple and sturdy.

And x2 on needing bump stop extentions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.