Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
97 TJ

I asked earlier about installation points on the rear sway bar (because mine is completely missing) and finally found a company to order from that didn't either stall me or put me on hold indefinitely. I figured God was discouraging me from ordering from them because they seemed confused by my requests. :)

Anyways, the guy I ordered from (4wd.com) told me a 2" lift didn't require extended end links for such a small lift. Is this correct?

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
the rear sway bar links are the least of your worries.

you don't have any bumpstop extensions. springs are hitting coil bind upon uptravel....

measure the height of the spacer so you know what size body lift puck to buy & install as bumpstop extensions in the rear.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2" from the cup to the top of the coil. How do the bumpstops that are there come out? All I've done is lowered applications with hotrod trucks; this is my first jeep.

And then the original question of needing an extension or not. This jeep is still street until I get all the suspension worked out, and I'm not going much taller than this because it's a backup to my suburban (which sees the off-road duties).

·
Registered
721 Posts
How do the bumpstops that are there come out?
I don't know how bumpstop extensions work when you have a spacer lift, but with a suspension lift you perform the following steps:
Pull the jounce out. It's held in by friction.
Then there's a bolt that holds the jounce cup in. Remove that.
A spacer gets inserted on top of the jounce cup and a new longer bolt holds it all together.

It's also possible to add spacers to the spring perch.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Original question answer : no, you don't need extended sway bar links. If your lift is 0-3" the factory height is OK. Now that being said. Should you change them? I did when I did my lift. IMHO The Zone ones are simple and sturdy.

And x2 on needing bump stop extentions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts