Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new user here. Just bought a 2015 wrangler sahara with 14K miles on it. This is my first wrangler, but not my first jeep. It has one year remaining on the factory warranty and 5 years remaining on the 7 yr/ 100K powertrain warranty. The dealership asked me if I wanted to purchase a 7 yr/ 100K bumper to bumper warranty for ~$2500. With what you all know about these machines and what typically goes wrong, would you recommend this or not. I willl not be putting a lot of miles on it and will not be doing any serious off road driving. Mostly winter driving on frozen lakes for fishing.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
7,473 Posts
Give Tom a call at the # below. Hayes Jeep is a supporting vendor on here and no one beats their prices for a Mopar extended warranty.

Tom Winkels
Hayes Jeep
Kalamazoo, Mi 49001
269-488-2080
[email protected]

·
Registered
282 Posts
I bough a 2016 wrangler new last year, Sahara , and dealer wanted me to finance the Mopar extended warranty Maximum care which WAS $2500.00 what a Mark Up!! , but I said no. a few months later, I contacted mopar for the extended Maximum care,7 years 75000 miles, I pay 82.00 dollars a month for 24 months, which is $1968.00 its cheaper that way, and you don't have to Finance that amount. I got it because I love my jeep and want it to last, and I can afford the extra coverage, you never know whats gonna happen, and its so Dang Expensive for any repairs, I recommend the Mopar Protection. I live in S.C. and will be taking a lot of Jeep trips to the mountains and snow in N.C. and Tennessee. good luck! and enjoy your jeep, I Absolutely LOVE my Sahara 4dr Soft Top!!!!! I have mopars phone number if you need it!

·
Premium Member
8,348 Posts
First of all, everyone calls it a warranty, but what it is in reality is insurance. True, they may make money off of one customer but lose their shirt on another. It is little different than any other insurance in that a group of people pool their resources in case one has a catastrophic failure. For the one they say they are glad they had to coverage to protect them against a financial disaster. The others say, well we didn't have to use it but it gave us great peace of mind.

I bought my 5 year 60K mile policy for that reason and it cost $1289. Slightly more than two years into it, I traded the Jeep off on a new Jeep. I also got an $839 check from FCA for the unused portion of the policy. I will use it to help purchase the new one once I decide which one I want.

The vehicle I traded in is just fine, no issues and I was happy with it - until - I saw the Chief in the color chief (blue) on the lot.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Hi, new user here. Just bought a 2015 wrangler sahara with 14K miles on it. This is my first wrangler, but not my first jeep. It has one year remaining on the factory warranty and 5 years remaining on the 7 yr/ 100K powertrain warranty. The dealership asked me if I wanted to purchase a 7 yr/ 100K bumper to bumper warranty for ~$2500. With what you all know about these machines and what typically goes wrong, would you recommend this or not. I willl not be putting a lot of miles on it and will not be doing any serious off road driving. Mostly winter driving on frozen lakes for fishing.
Thanks in advance.

WAIT!

Go to the official Mopar Vehicle Protection web site. Put in the information and talk to a rep. Ask for the unlimited milage warranty for the price the dealer is offering the 7yr warranty for (but they don't have to know it's a 7yr warranty). If they can get you the unlimited warranty they'll give you a reference number. Then go to the dealer and let them dangle the 7yr and just before you bite, ask if you can substitute the official Mopar unlimited warranty since it's the same price, and give them your reference number.

I purchased mine new, but that's what I did. I ended up with the unlimited milage Maxmum Care plan for $2400... the price the dealer tried to sell a 4yr plan for.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
IMO, the only extended warranty worth considering is the MAXCARE LIFETIME WARRANTY. Any other offering maxes out at 100k miles, which is useless in my view. The odds of having a $2400+ repair before 100k miles is very slim.

The MAXCARE Warranty will cover you forever, until such a point where a needed repair will cost more than the book value of the JEEP, at which time they will cut you a check for the book value and end the warranty.

The only caveat here, is that you need to commit to keeping the JEEP long term for this deal to pay off. If you spend the $2400+ for MAXCARE and trade it in @ 100k miles, odds are you are throwing your money out the window. FCA knows that a significant percentage of owners will do just that, which is why they can offer this deal and still make money at it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I second the Maxcare warranty. I bought a 2014 Rubicon, and in two months it's covered the oil cooler (apparently an issue on 2014's) and a new alternator. It's almost paid for itself (I paid $1500 and change for the warranty). Both issues were done at the dealership.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts