Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been browsing for some info, trying to get everything together for a rear bumper/ tire carrier ill have soon. I plan on chopping my stock brake light off and drilling it to the tire carrier. Only thing i wasnt too sure about was the third brake light wire since ill have a swing out.

Can i just use 16-18 gauge wire and add some in between the 3rd brake light wire using butt splices? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
I used 16 ga wire and solder/heatshrink. Butt connectors are ok but I suggest waterproofing them.

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
Interesting find... How is the install on this? Something like that will probably work for what I am trying to do.
It was cake to install. You have to tap into the factory brake light wire and thats it. I can send you some detailed pics if you like. Heres one of the lights on at night, not the greatest, but you get the point, the second of the wiring from the side view, I ran it in some plastic conduit and it comes apart behind the wheel for when you need to take the spare off. I can also get a better one if you like.

Attachments

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right on, thats an awesome shot. Anyway you can get a close up shot of your spare? I have a fabbed up bracket coming out of the open center of my spare where my license plate connects to and want to find out if the license plate would block the lights. Thanks a lot man thats really helpful

1 - 7 of 7 Posts