Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experiences with Jeep Wave customer service for extensive warranty work? I recently bought a Jeep Wrangler and at less than 1000 miles it broke down (steaming engine and everything). It was diagnosed with requiring a partial engine replacement (at minimum, since coolant was apparently visible through at least one cylinder per tech), a clutch replacement, and a partial cooling system replacement. All this at less than 1000 miles, for a vehicle that completed manufacturing in late March 2021. Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with FCA customer service for anything this extensive?

·
Super Moderator
12,225 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry about your blown engine!

I’ve been buying Chryslers and Jeeps for 30+ years. Dealer service and their willingness to honor warranties have declined significantly since Fiat took over. Jeep dealer service is a total crapshoot today; it varies a lot from dealer to dealer. They like to use any excuse to get out of having to do warranty work.

Having said that, it doesn’t sound in your case like there’s any doubt that they are going to have to fix your Jeep.

Judging by other members’ posts, you will likely be without a Jeep for a couple months. So you may want to get the dealer to get you a loaner in the meantime.

If you don’t feel that the dealer is being responsive, feel free to involve @JeepCares They can help you open a case with FCA, among other things.

Hopefully the dealer takes good care of you.

Keep us posted.

·
Retired Moderator
104,345 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I’ve been buying Chryslers and Jeeps for 30+ years. Dealer service and their willingness to honor warranties is a total crapshoot today; it varies a lot from dealer to dealer.
Iacocca was a big believer in the extended warranty, and he had the right idea. Even in this day and age brand loyalty is still very important. The easiest customer to win is an existing customer.

No production process is perfect, and the 80/20 rule says perfection is not the optimal solution. If they're willing to fix a few mistakes after the fact then they can build vehicles efficiently without offending those who get the occasional defect.

Alas the company's financial model tells them they can maximize quarterly profits by not investing in production quality and the dealership service experience.

·
Super Moderator
12,225 Posts
Iacocca was a big believer in the extended warranty, and he had the right idea. Even in this day and age brand loyalty is still very important. The easiest customer to win is an existing customer.

No production process is perfect, and the 80/20 rule says perfection is not the optimal solution. If they're willing to fix a few mistakes after the fact then they can build vehicles efficiently without offending those who get the occasional defect.

Alas the company's financial model tells them they can maximize quarterly profits by not investing in production quality and the dealership service experience.
The thing is in these market conditions every business model is a "winner." As the saying goes, "tide lifts all boats." The real tests come when the market saturates, the economy turns and buyers get picky.

Iacocca was big on delivering value to the customer. The only value FCA is interested in delivering is to investors, even if it means squeezing customers dry..

PS: the Big-3 lost market share in Q1 - while the overall US auto market recovered 12%, GM grew only 6%, FCA 5%, and Ford 0.5%. Toyota, Mazda, Subaru, VW and the Koreans led the recovery with 20%-30% growth.

·
WF approved Offical Jeep Account.
1,639 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry about your blown engine!

I’ve been buying Chryslers and Jeeps for 30+ years. Dealer service and their willingness to honor warranties have declined significantly since Fiat took over. Jeep dealer service is a total crapshoot today; it varies a lot from dealer to dealer. They like to use any excuse to get out of having to do warranty work.

Having said that, it doesn’t sound in your case like there’s any doubt that they are going to have to fix your Jeep.

Judging by other members’ posts, you will likely be without a Jeep for a couple months. So you may want to get the dealer to get you a loaner in the meantime.

If you don’t feel that the dealer is being responsive, feel free to involve @JeepCares They can help you open a case with FCA, among other things.

Hopefully the dealer takes good care of you.

Keep us posted.
Thanks for tagging us here, aldo90731.

Thanks! I have (had?) the 3.6 since I wanted a manual. I should hear back sometime tomorrow with a ruling, so I'll update then.
If you run into any issues, sherpa_34118, we are happy to help. Just send us a private message to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
979 Posts
Toyota, Mazda, Subaru, VW and the Koreans led the recovery with 20%-30% growth.
I would argue those aren't really the vehicles those customers wanted. Rightly or wrongly, they chose based on a perception of reliability.

I've been harping on the extended warranty because I think the other OEMs may have the opportunity to develop that perception, but it takes time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts