Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently removed my dash panels to fix my intermitent speedo/tach problem. I removed the other panels as well to clean and check for other problems. I found behind one of the 3 switch blanks next to the cigarette lighter, 4 wires mounted in a factory clip style plug. it was plugged into the backside of the switch blank cover. I think the wires were black, orange,green/yellow, & brown/white. does anyone know what the plug goes to. I thought maybe the Jeep came pre-wired for driving lights. Thanks.

·
Registered
892 Posts
TJ has a lot or plugs that dont connect anything if you dont have all the options. I believe yours might be the fog lights.
if you look under your hood, youd notice even more.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DistortedTJ- it's the right one, closest to the passenger seat.

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
I believe that is the fog lights. If you only have 3 switches there, it should be rear window defroster, rear windshield wiper, fog lights from driver to passenger side.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Auto manufacturers use one harness for the same model so when you order t he model with or withour different options they do ot have to make separate harnesses based on your options. So being you will most likely have extra connectors going nowhere.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I believe that is the fog lights. If you only have 3 switches there, it should be rear window defroster, rear windshield wiper, fog lights from driver to passenger side.
Depends on the year & tran.
My '04 w/ auto has (from driver to passenger side) Rear Defrost, Rear Wiper, O.D. Cancel. If it was a Rubi, the 4th switch (closest to the passenger) would be Lockers.
My fog switch is on the turnsignal lever.

·
Registered
62 Posts
On mine, it goes...

- Rear defroster
- Rear wiper
- Blank (it's a manual)
- Axle Lock (it's a rubicon)

They don't come wired for aux lights, but if you're good with wiring, you can buy a switch, hack apart the harness and make your switch look like it was factory installed. :)

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm, lockers huh? I wouldn't have thought of that. I guess a colored wire map might be helpful. well thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hmmm... can't delete .... nevermind

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like a good idea, splicing into those wires. might make it a little easier, if I can find them on the other side of the firewall. but I would keep them intact as much as possible, 'cause I can see putting in lockers of some sort in the future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts