Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the common Jeep wisdom about removing the horizontal front fender trim and also the door step?

Seems that most of the pictures I see of TJ's don't have the lower fender trim and those that have a step under the door, it's usually something aftermarket.

I'm inclined to remove both of these parts (I think they're fugly), but would like to hear from the folks out there as to if this is a good or bad move.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The lower fender piece I took off when I put my rocker guards on. The screws rusted free and were a little hard to reach so Icut the plastic off enough to just pull the whole piece off then used pliers to pull and remove the screw and nutserts. But, unless you are covering the area with something there will be the nutserts and a 1" circular hole that will show

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unless you are covering the area with something there will be the nutserts and a 1" circular hole that will show
Not a concern. Any holes will be welded and smoothed over.

I should have added...my concern about removing the lower trim is; Will this allow more road debris and spray to come up the side of the Jeep to where it gets annoying?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Ok, and those steps should be body mounted or frame mounted

1 - 6 of 6 Posts